This is the definitive guide to managing stress with the body. We all need to manage ourselves, and this book is about how to do that more effectively. It is especially aimed at facilitators, trainers and coaches of all kinds who wish to support others in managing themselves too. Martial arts, dance and yoga teachers will also find it helpful for supporting their students.
What you’ll get from this book:
● Practical techniques to improve your own happiness, relationships and productivity.
● Tools to enhance your facilitation skills.
● A thorough grounding in the deeper principles behind techniques so you can work creatively with them.
● Practical techniques you can bring to clients right away to add value to your offers
● Clarification of the often woolly theory of centring
● The science of centring to better “sell” the idea to clients
About the author
Mark Walsh has dedicated his life to embodied learning. He founded the Embodied Facilitator Course (UK and Russia), Embodied Yoga Principles, The Embodiment Conference, and Europe’s first embodied business training company – Integration Training.
He has taught in 30 countries and made embodiment available online through a YouTube channel, which has over 14 million hits, and on The Embodiment Podcast. He has a degree in psychology, an aikido black-belt, and has trained with various body-mind masters and in many approaches, including body psychotherapy, yoga, dance, bodywork and meditation. Past clients have included Unilever, L’Oreal, Virgin Atlantic, Shell, Oxfam, The NHS, Ikea and The House of Lords. He has also worked with peace and trauma projects in Israel/Palestine, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Brazil, East Africa, and with the Sierra Leonian Army.